While watching Jeni box the clothes made me grin from ear to ear at first, upon further reflection, I realized this is somewhat of a bittersweet experience. Our babies, slowly but surely, are growing up. Reading our loyal readers from Cleveland, Laurie and Jeff's blogs about their son Joey turning 5 and looking at their chronology of photos and experiences made me realize the fact that our family is never going to be any younger than it is right now, right here, today. As people of all ages, we are constantly growing older.
Scrolling back through our own blog (something that frankly I rarely do), I located the picture and post about Gracie wearing her first outfit... a purple preemie suit that was too big for her. Nowadays, Gracie is styling in her newborn clothes and Hope may make the transition into 3-6 month old attire before we know it. One thing's for certain... watching Hope and Gracie grow is such a blessing for their mom and dad to watch!
Jeni places some of our preemie outfits into a shoe box (this will give you a scope of how small these clothes actually are). We plan on donating them to the St. Joseph's Family Care NICU in an effort to help "pay it forward" to families of premature children who will delight in seeing their girls dressed for the first time, just as we delighted in seeing our girls in outfits.
(Pictures below:)
To the left , Gracie in her first outfit.
To the right, Gracie in the last preemie outfit that fits her comfortably, her "Vitamins" outfit (that Hope wore for our birth announcement).
1 comment:
It is crazy to think about how much they have been thru at their young age. I still get teary eyed when I come across a preemie outfit. I remember wanting to badly for my girls to move up to the next size...get bigger and stronger. Now I want them to freeze and stay right where they are. :)
Post a Comment