Will's "Daddy Leave" Observations (Week 1):
-Daytime TV is not for me: I'm not a tv guy to begin with, and let's face it, The Price is Right with Drew Carey just isn't the same. Jeni seems to be more of a tv person than me and would tape shows like Friends and Law and Order and watch them while feeding the twins. I have tried Paris Hilton is My New BFF and I think I lasted through about 10 minutes of that dribble. I am not without my guilty pleasure, however, and did tape WWE Monday Night Raw to watch while feeding the girls (I used to be a huge wrestling fan in middle school and college), so I guess I shouldn't criticize those who enjoy the Paris Hilton show or soaps, as wrestling is probably on the same level if not worse than those (and psst, I do like The Office and Seinfeld and, as ashamed as I am to admit it, kinda like The Hills too- although Jeni hates that show).
In an effort to pass time while feeding, I decided to watch The Godfather this week with the girls. I guess that + the wrestling seem sorta manly when feeding babies in boppies. Why aren't there baseball games on or March Madness college hoops???-Despite Your Best Intentions, Your To-Do List Piles Up:
Monday I awoke with positive ambition. Jeni and I made a "honey-do" list Sunday evening and Jeni just smiled and said, "Good luck" when we wrapped it up. "I'll show her," I thought to myself, "I am Mr. Organized at school, I can take down a to-do list with the best of 'em."
Getting the Girls Out is a Challenge:
Jeni got very good at this, but I'll admit, after four days, I'm a rookie. Today I made plans to take the girls to my mom's house for lunch. They were fussy, and it took me nearly an hour to get them settled, into their warm clothes and in their car seats, ready to go. I have been told that this gets easier. Tomorrow we have shots at the pediatrician's office at 10:00, so perhaps I should start the "getting ready to go" around 8:45 if it is anything like today. Daycare in January will be a big challenge, especially since neither Jeni nor I are "morning people" and prefer to stay up later getting stuff done rather than rising and shining before the sun comes up.
The Girls Grow A Bit Each Day:
Out of everything I've witnessed over the past four days, this is by far the best part of "Daddy Leave" and the biggest blessing. Each day Hope is getting a bit better at sitting up. Gracie is enjoying the "Exersaucer" more and more as well. The little things you notice about how the girls are growing and developing make this whole experience one that I will never forget and something I will truly cherish.
Enjoy some more photos from the week!
1 comment:
I love this picture! You will totally get a schedule down in no-time...you work with middle schoolers, remember? You got this!
Post a Comment