Friday, July 25, 2008

A Wild Friday!

Today has been a real circus. When I call home after teaching summer school, and Jeni answers the phone "Barnum and Bailey's" you know some thing's up. As we speak, I am up at 1:15 a.m. waiting for Hope to stir so that I can feed her and then sleep (hopefully) until 6:30ish with Jeni agreeing to take the "graveyard shift." For some reason, perhaps the fact that it was Friday, or that the Brewers 8 game winning streak came to a close this evening, Hope and Gracie decided that it would be fun to squawk and scream every time they were not held or fed today. Jeni calculated the hours she has spent nursing in the girls in the past 24 hours, and it has topped off at more than 8. That constitutes a full time job! Did I happen to mention that their feedng schedules are close to an hour apart?

However, despite today's chaos, just about an hour ago, I was able to capture the girls in their Pack 'N Play holding hands (see pic from above). How awesome is that?

As Hope begins to stir for her "late night munchies version 1.o," I have to laugh about the amount of noise, chaos, and absolute love that two little people can create. If these two are like this now, I can only laugh to myself at the thought of them both being toddlers (and that will happen before I know it!) For now, all we can do is drink copious amounts of coffee and Diet Pepsi Max, not take anything too seriously, and enjoy the sheer joy of these girls being home.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

That picture is so adorable and sweet! It's great to see them getting serious baby cheeks :) I don't know how Jeni (or other moms of twins) do it...I thought nursing one was really hard and time consuming.

Laurie said...

I hope that you get some shut eye soon. God Bless Jeni is all I can say for nursing two babies. It sounds very tough!!

BTW~ As I was going on and on about Manny before it now looks like he may be finding himself a new team... Looks like Boston has had enough of "Manny being Manny". I may not agree with what he does or did, but man he is still my fav and can he HIT!!

Tracy said...

every time you want to scream or are sooo groggy from lack of sleep - look at the pic - it will help. the first year was so hard for us - you'll make it - you are making it. Blessings.

Laurie said...

I hope everything is okay with you all.