Hope and Grace had another good day today. For some reason, it seems like the girls are making huge digestive strides in a short amount of time. They both are up to 5 ccs of breast milk. Now, this sounds like barely a sip for you or I, but is 5 times larger than their 1 cc feeding last Friday. They had minimum to no residuals today and are likely to see their feedings increased once again. You go girls!
We arrived at the hospital this evening early enough to do both girls' cares. I changed Hope who had a rather uneventful diaper, dropping my poopy diaper batting average to 1/9 or .111. Jeni, on the other hand, chose to change Gracie. Gracie started off a little fussy for her cares, and it didn't take Mom and Dad long to figure out why. Gracie produced her first "two-diaper-wonder". While Dad found this extremely amusing, Mom didn't find it quite as funny. I am sure that my time will come soon enough.
Jeni had the pleasure of holding Hope this afternoon, and I got day 3 in a row with Gracie. She and her daddy are bonding and she got to wear her pink hat again today.
While we know that there will be more bumps in the road ahead of us, we both rejoice in the fact that the girls are on a hot streak right now (now if only the Brewers can turn things around :) ). We are so incredibly blessed to have so many people praying for us and supporting us and our daughters. Thank you all for reading and following our story and thank you all for your support.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That is such great news. I am so glad that the girls are on a hot streak. please add the Indians to your list of baseball teams to start a hot streak as well! And if you are into basketball root root root for the Cavs tonight.
Just a few things I have been wondering about. Are you still teaching? If not are you both at the hospital all day? What is your daily routine like?
I continue to pray for all of you!!
WTG girls! I remember when they upped our girls feeds and we stopped having the residuals, such a joyous time that most parents just don't understand. I completely get your excitement. And don't worry about the lack of exciting diapers :) There are plenty of those in your future. LOL
Jeni and Pipes-
I have alot to say about this post, but good judgment and restraint (aka-digital citizenship skills!) are getting the better part on me.
So nice to hear of the progress your two beautiful babes are making!
Keep the faith,
Matt
Pipes-
One other thing...that cluster map has gone crazy! It is going to surpass "bloggin' around the world" and "Middle School Ed Tech" like they're nothing!
Matt
It is so fun to read your blog since my girls are now 1 year - but it seems like so long ago we were worrying about residuals & bm's. yeah - how wonderful that you get to hold them soo much!! blessings
Interestingly enough, the Twins are on a hot streak as well. It is great to hear about the wonderful progress. We look forward to more stories about poo ;)
Post a Comment