Monday, February 18, 2008

A Kick to the Face!

Last night before Jeni and I went to bed, I became increasingly worried about whether or not Jeni was feeling the babies. Let's face it, I am a worrier by nature, and the new phrase de jour in the Piper household is "are you feeling them?" Jeni, sympathetic to my worrying, but also in need of some sleep for her upcoming school day suggested that I listen to her stomach. I placed my head down on her tummy to see if I could get a little audio of what is going on in there, when it hit me... "WHAM!" a kick right to the side of my face. I have never been happier or more blessed to h be kicked in the face in my life! It was by far my "wow" moment of the weekend. What started off as flutters a week or so ago has progressed into tiny pokes and prods. An email from Jeni today, simply stating, "we're squirmy" also made me smile. It is fun to feel them kicking around.

(this photo, like all photos on this blog, is taken from the Flickr creative commons).

No comments: