Monday, February 4, 2008

Welcome Back to Work


When I returned to work today, one of my students left on my computer a quote by Mohandas Gandhi. She was very interested in Gandhi from when I taught about him a few months ago as part of our unit on India and South Asia. Little did this student know that that simple act of kindness, and Gandhi's simple advice, is what I'm holding onto right now.

Thoughts to Live By- Mohandas Gandhi
Keep your thoughts positive
Thoughts become your words

Keep your words positive
Words become your behaviors

Keep you behaviors positive
Behaviors become your habits

Keep your habits positive
Habits become your values

Keep you values positive
Values become your destiny.

This whole situation with the twins is out of our control. What is in our control is our attitude and our ability to be positive throughout this process. While this is hard, it is what we can do.

No comments: