Grace's first photo, being weighed at 2 pounds even moments after her birth on 4/11/08.
4 pound 1 ounce Grace on 6/11/08. She is looking mighty cute if I do say so myself, and her face is now way bigger than her "nook."
Two moths old and Gracie is still as feisty as can be!
Hope in her isolette hooked up to her ET tube at 2 pounds 5 ounces on 4/11/08
Hope rang in her two month birthday on 6/11/08 with literally nothing aside from her monitor attached to her. She is breathing wonderfully all by herself. She weighs in at 4 pounds 10 ounces and is now nippling 5 our of her 8 feedings.
Today I got to bottle feed both girls and they both did fabulously, nippling both of their feedings. This put a smile on Dad's face bigger than the Brewers taking 2/3 against the Astros. FYI, all of the nurses (and most doctors) know me in the NICU as the "Brewers Fan Dad." If you click on the pic, you can see Hope suckling her empty bottle. She really seems to enjoy her feedings.
For some reason, writing this post and thinking about the amazing progress our girls have made thus far got the Laverne and Shirley theme song stuck in my head (ok, Jeni and I are suckers for old '80's sitcoms). Enjoy- for some reason this opening makes me think of the countless blessings that are to come with twin daughters.
6 comments:
The girls look great! They seem to be growing really fast now. It's hard to believe they are 2 months already. They will be home before you know it :)
congrats on the girls growing so well and doing so well. I was watching your blog and never commented. I can't even imagine how small those girls are since I think my twins are way small and started out at 5lbs 10oz. Way to go girls!
I definetly think Grace will come home first.
Elizabeth
Happy Father's Day, Will! The girls are beautiful!
~Annette
I will walk around all weekend with the ear worm of a song from Laverne and Shirley!
Thanks again for sharing your story--it is such a delight to see the girls grow and get strong.
Happy Father's Day!
Wow, your girls are truly amazing! It is fun reading your blog and keeping up with Hope and Grace's progress. They are so precious.
Have a wonderful Father's day!
JoAnne, Ronald, Bennett and Olivia
Post a Comment