
I need to take a deep breath right now, as I cannot stop smiling for a number of reasons. First off, I just finished watching an incredibly fun Brewers victory over the tough Arizona Diamondbacks, and I didn't think anything could make me happier than the huge monster shot Prince Fielder hit to put the Brewers ahead for a 4-3 victory.
(photo taken by thewongsrx from the Flickr creative commons)
Then Jeni and I called the hospital.
Gracie's new pink Brewers blanket must have brought out the slugger in her (see the picture of her napping below!) Gracie Girl pulled

out the come-from-behind victory today, gaining an unprecedented 100 grams in weight. To put this in perspective, she now weighs 3 pounds 10.7 ounces. This would mean that Maggie the dog would need to consume 20 Tasty T-Bone treats to illustrate that weight gain. Needless to say, feeding Mags that many treats would result in more than an upset tummy for her (so we're not even going to go there :) ).

Not to be outdone by her sister, Hope is on the verge of becoming our first 4 pounder at 3 pounds 15.2 ounces! Talk amongst the NICU doctors and nurses has shifted from the oxygen needs, PDAs, heart stuff, head ultrasounds, and digestive complications to "getting their room ready" and the girls being waved on home. Hope, too, is being indoctrinated into the world of her parents with a Brewers blanket on top
and a Bucky Badger sticker on the window of her isolette. All she needs now is a Favre jersey and her Wisconsin sports experience will be complete.
While we know that there are likely to be set backs ahead, it feels good to be on a winning streak.
3 comments:
This is soooo fantastic. First of all of course for the Brewers. GO BREW CREW! And then for you and the girls.(just kidding - not in that order). My continued prayers and positive thoughts are with you. Love to all.
yeah- how exciting - love the pics
You are one a winning streak. When I read the post yesterday about the girls being moved and on room air I was so happy. I just am smiling for all of you. What great news! You are done with school soon, the kids, are growing, and soon they will be home with you. (Oh and waking you up all night and more poppy diapers... :) J/K! It is going to be an AWESOME day when those two little girls come home and see their home for the first time.
Post a Comment