Thursday, April 10, 2008

Day #11- Maggie

On Monday this week I was able to bring Maggie our 3 1/2 black lab over to visit Jeni. While having Jeni in patient certainly has altered my life and Jeni's (obviously) it also has had an impact on our dog. Luckily for us, my parents live close by and have adopted Maggie as our "grand dog" so they are able to keep her during the day. My mother has actually grown extremely fond of Maggie.

We first got Maggie on a muggy late July Sunday about a year and a half ago. Jeni had been in graduate school at UW-Madison for two weeks and had been emailing me profiles of dogs from the Wisconsin Humane Society website virtually every day, so I knew that it was inevitable that our family was soon to grow. Jeni came back from Madison on Saturday and on Sunday it was off to the Humane Society to look at dogs. Maggie was the first one was looked at and the one that we instantly fell in love with. While at the time I found the dog somewhat overwhelming, I now look back and cannot begin to think of what our lives would be like without our Maggie.

While I have to say that I am quite fond of Maggie, she is truly Jeni's dog, and it was heartwarming to bring her to visit. I am very grateful to the hospital for allowing this to happen. I look forward to Mags making other visits to the hospital to see her Jeni soon.

No comments: