Monday, April 7, 2008

Day #9 - Phillip



A friend of mine stopped by today and told me that I look like a cyborg with wires sticking out from underneath my clothes. I do feel like that sometimes, as I'm constantly plugged into my machine, except to take care of personal business when the cords have to come with me. Luckily, Phillip, which is the name that I have lovingly given my buddy here, is on wheels and has a fairly long cord, so I'm able to travel to almost every corner of the room while remaining strapped in. When people come to visit, Phillip is the source of entertainment for most everyone. I have to admit it's pretty addicting to watch those little numbers showing how fast our babies' hearts are beating.

However fascinating it might be, I personally think it's a little low-tech in certain regards. I mean really, we have to chase the babies around with these little paddles all day long. While I don't have personal experience, I'm not sure how much different this machine is from the one that my mother was strapped to as she was laboring with me. My idea is to wear a little video ultrasound so we can keep an eye on the babies all the time. Now that would be some real entertainment!

No comments: