Hmmm... with me writing the blog for the past two days, guess what's back- gratuitous baseball references :). For several months, a good buddy of mine and I have had tickets for Brewers Opening Day. I requested to take one of my personal days from work (something I rarely do) in order to go and enjoy the pageantry that is Opening Day at Miller Park. I was somewhat apprehensive of going after yesterday's developments concerning the weight of the babies, but Jeni actually called my buddy Steve and insisted that I go to the game. While I wanted to stick around with Jeni and talk with a doctor friend of ours who was coming to visit, I took her advice and went to the game.
In hindsight I am so glad that I did. Watching the Brewers for a few hours made me think back to a more worry free time and did take my mind off of the stress of everything, at least for a little while. The Brewers won handedly today, 13-4. The game itself was rather worry-free. The Crew jumped out to an early lead, and there was never really any real concern of the Brewers surrendering that lead to the Giants. The more we talk to doctors, including our doctor friend, we continually hear that we should not be overly concerned about the weights. Metaphorically, perhaps we have a sizable lead with these babies all ready. The thing I continue to cherish from this whole experience is how every day is a gift. Every day gets us one day better than the day before, and ultimately one day closer to bringing our babies home.
Friday, April 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sam told me they had a sub today for social studies. Now we know why. :). Hope you had a great time at the game.
--Diane
Post a Comment