Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Day #3 - Chase the Babies
Personally, I think sleep is a wonderful thing. I enjoy it very much: a cat nap on the couch, sleeping in on a Saturday morning, I don't mind even dosing off during a movie. Never have I been more grateful for sleep than I was last night. After a first night where all that came were a restless 2.5 hours of sleep, interrupted by constant clock watching and my wondering how it could possibly ONLY be 2:30 (or 3:00, 4:30, etc.) and being incredibly pleased to hear the alarm for Will to get up at 5:30. Last night, I gave in and took some sleep medication and managed to pull off a solid 6.5 hours of sleep. The babies must have been pleased with me, because they were kind enough to stay in their spots for the better part of the evening. I woke up feeling wonderfully refreshed and grateful for the gift of sleep.
The entire morning was a not-so-fun (for the nurses) game of chase the babies. For a good hour and a half, a team of nurses scooted around Jeni's belly, with the monitor full of goo, trying to get a couple of good heartbeats on the machine. Not once, but three times, did the nurses have to swap places after frustration took over. Finally, I was allowed up for a lukewarm shower after the nurses gave up trying to find the babies. Luckily, all afternoon, the little ones were much more cooperative and managed to stay put for about four hours, making Jeni and twins star patients. But now, we're back to our little game. I just wonder what these children will have in store for us on the other side...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh you just wait...........FUN times full force ahead. :)
Post a Comment