This morning Jeni was rushed into the operating room as a result of increased decels with Baby B. The heart rate was going down and not coming up fast. The doctor decided we needed an emergency c-section. I was called at work and driven to the hospital by my friend Pam. I then, within a half hour or less, was scrubbed in and held my wife's hand praying and telling her how much I loved her as Hope Laila (2 pounds 5.5 oz.) and Grace Anne (2 pounds even) were born. At a later time, I am sure I'll get into more details of this whole experience. Jeni got to hold the babies briefly and I held their tiny little hands in the NICU. Things haven't really hit me yet, aside from a feeling of shock and awe (for lack of better terms). They are so tiny, but are by far the most beautiful creatures I've ever seen. I just now pray that God watches over Hope and Grace and keeps them in His hands and protects them for the challenges that lie ahead of us in the NICU. If you are a spiritual person reading this, please pray for the Piper family right now- Will, Jeni, Hope, Grace and Maggie (our dog). We need the love and support now more than ever.
With love,
Will

1st birthday pics...
Gracie Anne Piper
born 4-11-08; 9:37 a.m.
2 pounds
14 inches

Hope Laila Piper
born 4-11-08; 9:37 a.m.
2 pounds 5.5 ounces
14.5 inches
5 comments:
Mr. Piper,
Congradulations. I am so happy for you. Me and my family our praying for you, Jenny, Hope, Grace, and Maggie. I knew that something was up with the babies today and I am so happy. congradulations again
Sincerly
Madeline
You are certainly ALL in my thoughts and prayers. Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful little girls and hang in there.......remember that NICU nurses and doctors are amazing and will take really good care of your girls. I'm so glad that Jeni was on continuous monitoring so that the decels could be caught. Shows how important it is.......
Will and Jeni: Congratulations, you have been twice blessed with the arrival of Grace and Hope. The thoughtful choice of those beautiful names will most certainly help in there next stage in NICU. Our family sends their thoughts and prayers to all of you. Will congratulations on being so out-numbered by all "three" of Jeni's girls.
Mr. Piper! I am so happy for you! You are going to do fine. I have all my hope and prays going for hope and grace! I am very proud. You are going to be a great father and you have a great hart. Good luck and i did guess Grace! I will not tell people at school the names! I am so happy for you and have a great weekend!
Congratulations on the safe arrival of Hope and Grace.
Our thoughts are with you through this next time. I found the NICU incredibility hard - hopefully you will have an easier road.
Thankfully Jeni was on continuous monitoring. I was only on 3x day and it's sort of put into perspective for me how lucky we were and how it could have been so different.
Best wishes
Post a Comment