My second treat was a "luncheon" with the other girls in the antepartum unit. I'll use the term luncheon loosely as there were only three of us today, compared to seven last week. One girl who was there last week did stop by, looking rather un-pregnant. Jealousy abounded in the group as we listened to her birth story and how well her baby is doing. Not that I'm quite ready to deliver
these babies, but still, I am anxious to be toward that end of the pregnancy.Last, but most certainly not least, I got a massage today. Throughout the pregnancy I kept telling Will that my gift to my pregnant body was going to be getting fairly regular massages, a luxury I rarely partake in normally. Up until today, however, I have not managed to actually follow through on this promise to myself. I found out last week that the hospital offers prenatal massage and after about a week here, I decided that it was time. Today's massage could not have come at a better time as my neck seems to be constantly craned checking out Phillip (my fetal monitor) making sure the babes are doing well. So I got released from Phillip for 45 minutes, stuck my pregnant belly into the hole (did it ever feel good to lie on my tummy for a change!) and enjoyed a fabulous massage. My doctor gave me an order to get massages "as needed" and I have since decided that I shall need one 30 minute massage once per week.
Now I just need to find someone to give my poor tootsies a pedi. I think that might be asking a little too much of my very generous hubby...
No comments:
Post a Comment