I don't think I ever really take nice weather for granted living here in Wisconsin, but especially not after a week of being inside my hospital room. Spring is probably my favorite season and I'm definitely missing it this year. It's a time when you're pretty sure that no more snow will be hitting (although this is Wisconsin, so it's really too early to tell) and the barren ground actually shows some signs of life. I think it's partly my favorite season because it signals the end of winter, which, to put it lightly, I do not care for.
The highlight of my day each day is the 30 minutes that I get to have off of the monitors. Each evening, Will and I take a walk so that I can get out of the room and get some exercise which this poor body desperately needs. Today was extra special because Will arrived in the early afternoon, which meant that I got my walk outside today. It amazes me because just last week, we still had several inches of snow on the ground, but today, it is warm and sunny and the grass is beginning to turn green instead of the lovely shade of "winter brown." I was so incredibly grateful for the clear skies and warm breeze that surrounded me and I remind myself not to forget this feeling.
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Jeni, I remember those walks being thae highlight of my day...I could go outside, and I would power walk the parking lot. I'm sure my peri doesn't know this though. Happy Spring!!! It's a small sacrifice this year, because it means you'll have two little ones to enjoy it with next year!!! Take care...
Jeni, Are you competitive? Think of a way to top this, after the babies are delivered. I remember when I was in my mid twenties being hospitalized for a few weeks after a car accident and surgery. I enjoyed my daily walks with my husband, but what I remember most was when my girlfriend came one evening, they had just unhooked me from the machines, and she broke me out of the hospital (in hospital gown) and put me in her jeep, reclined of course, with the roof off and drove me to Dairy Queen. My girlfriend asked me what I wanted to order, I replied a Dilly Bar, and she was shocked and dismayed that after breaking me out of the hospital all I could order was a Dilly Bar and not a huge banana split or Peanut Buster Parfait. She then took me back to the hospital, I slid back into my room and my meal was waiting for me, but happily went untouched that evening. It is one of my great memories of being "unhooked". I hope this makes you laugh. Keep up the great work in being "patient" and being a patient.
Post a Comment