Both girls seemed to do well today. Gracie went back on the ET tube, but was able to breath room air. While at first I thought of this as a setback, after talking with the doctor and others, it seems more like giving Gracie a break from the CPAP, which was beginning to irritate her little throat.
Hope had a pretty good day overall too. Like her sister, she too was breathing room air from the ventilator. We did not get the results of Hope's echocardiogram today, but did hear from our doctor that the head ultrasound came up with no evidence of a brain bleed. Whew! That really made my day. (BTW, Grace gets her head ultrasound on Friday). Let's hope that whatever is the case with Hope's ductus that the doctors can do what they need to to help fix it so she can progress. On a side note, Hope is looking a little pale and is most likely going to need a blood transfusion, although we were told is this fairly typical of preemies this age.
So far, everything seems to be developmentally appropriate. Our night nurses mentioned that we might be able to start helping with their care- changing diapers and taking their temperature. As strange as this might seem, I cannot wait to change diapers and start caring more for our girls. The nurses and doctors have been very optimistic about how stable the girls have been in their first few days.
Monday, April 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Mellow is good! Mellow is good! Stay strong, guys. I hope the girls give you a really "yummy" diaper to work with!
Cheryl
I have enjoyed reading about the progress of the girls. I hope Mom and Dad are talking care of themselves. I will continue to pray for your family. Keep up the positive attitude and remember God doesn't give us anything that we can't handle.
Patti Johns
Hey Mrs.Piper or should I say mom this is Elizabeth. Concrats on the two little bundels of joy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Elizabeth
Hey Mrs.Piper,
This is Jordan! Just wanted to say hi and see how Hope and Grace are doing. It's good to no that Hope doesnt have a brain bleed. I hope that you and your hubbie have a great time with these 2 little bundles of joy!!!
Love,
Jordan:)
P.S. Elizabeth and i are taking the baby sitting course in middle school!!!
Post a Comment